Thursday, October 29, 2009

Building the gap bridge

I realise now, negotiation and convicing are always high stakes affairs, when there is a need to open the other's mind to see your perspective...
What works is to begin with "I agree with you, but..", its like crossing over to the other side of the bridge, hold their fingers, take a stroll through both your lands, and walk them through to your side of the mind map, seamlessly

Debating is low stakes, you can be yourself, argue, fight, yell, be aggressive and show the middle finger..Debate when you have nothing much to lose...debating is with friends...

You are allowed to change your sides, both times. Hopefully! :)

4 comments:

Jitha said...

you, cyn, can change sides 'both times' not just in debates!

Arun said...

woah! :) well said!

cynduja said...

Of course I know what you are referring to Jitha - our little chess incident!! :D

I am all of changing sides all times...esp if ur losing!!

cynduja said...

@Jitha: Btw, for a split second I did think of that, when I was writing this :)