Everytime I read Gibran, I have something appropriate to the phase of life i am in...something that tells me bang on man, this is what i have been pondering about...
I often connect with Gibran, for his depth of thought, as if he were my soulmate..Never do I experience relatability that is as profound...whenever i say, appreciation is the best form of influence, I am thinking of Gibran...I don't know where i stop appreciating, and where he begins to influence me...my thought, my writings, my life...
Here are the gems that i most relate to now:
"I have never agreed with my other self wholly. The truth of the matter seems to lie between us"
"Your other self is always sorry for you. But your other self grows on sorrow, so all is well"
"If you don't understand your friend under all conditions, you will never understand him"
"Lovers embrace whats between them, instead of each other. Love is the veil between the lovers"
"We are all prisoners but some of us are in cells with windows and some without"
"Strange that we all defend our wrongs with more vigor than we do our rights!"
No comments:
Post a Comment