Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dimensions to immorality

I can see how I am turning into the people who influence me...an extension of my teacher, some things from parents, my boss...If i am able to influence people around me, do i get to be immortal too?

5 comments:

Nithya said...

Can you, the notion of "You" specifically, be immortal if you don't change at all? If you are a constant? :)

cynduja said...

Till you pass the baton of your core to others, you are to die someday na? then how can you be immortal whether you change or stay constant?

Nithya said...

So immortality is only about physical existence? Or is it the endurance of an idea? In being a little of your boss (or your friend) are you being them in a way that makes them immortal? Is it the idea of them that endures or a habit that will fade away when you stop meeting them everyday? Do you live on in someone's imitation of you or in someone's memory of you? Which is truer to the core of "YOU"?
Again ideas I am throwing around and I don't really have an answer. :)

cynduja said...

I think its the idea that you pass on, that somebody lives for or lives by, and thats how you stay immortal, even beyond your existence. In little ways, life gives us all a chance to live forever :)

R said...

Every action of ours is connected to immortality no?
More so, our inaction...