Saturday, January 3, 2009

Another one of those demons in my head

I am dealing with a complicated insecurity. I can see it sitting on the rooftop and sneering at me, with obvious confidence, that it is shaking me. Glaring straight at my face...
I am, as anyone, who is faced with a realisation of a dirty demon inside you, feels - befuddled, shocked (is this a part of me? How can even think/be like this?), and helpless...
It is this helplessness that provides a fuel to my insecurity...

I am happy that its out in the open...I know it now...Like getting introduced to a part of your body that you never see, but always stayed within you and shares an intimate relationship with you...

It feels like I am sitting next to a overpowering stranger enemy...and I am wondering how I am going to fight this one

They say, the best way to fight it is to not fight it...
Don't provide the power of conscious thought to the insecurity...

But i cant do it...How can you stop thinking about something that you are not supposed to think about?

One thing for sure, I need to start looking within and not outside ...So beginning to look inside of me....God noes what I am going to find!

P.S: What I am facing now, is irrelevant...the post is about insecurities in general and what they do to you!

No comments: