Monday, February 27, 2012

Commitment is like Shopping. You have to stick with what you bought

How something can feel so wrong and feel so right?
How being so fucked up can seem so straight?
Is doubt only a product of certainty?
A certain something you certainly want but can't pay the price for?
I am bidding goodbye to an alternative future,
I have chosen something, but now I suffer from buyer's remorse
I also suffer from self doubt. May be just that I want it all
So I am secretly hoping that these two roads will meet somewhere;
That I can have a bit of both; and I realise they were both not too different somehow;
That I picked the better one.
It would kill me, if I find out the other road filled with more things I want;
But the good thing is that for every road you take; the alternative is only in your imagination. Life is but one and what you have is all that you've got!

1 comment:

Nithya said...

Also for each road you pick, you open up many many alternative futures. As many as you lost or maybe more.

Maybe the alternative future is being lived out in a parallel universe. All possible lives in as many universes. How do we know?