Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The eunuch experience

I met two of them in the train...in meticulously well - tied sarees, bindis on their forehead, long - earrings, nose rings, kajal in their eyes...
It was quite a contrast...they with all their symbols and me with none...and yet, I was infinitely more feminine...
Was she trying to be feminine by just using the symbols, conditioning and convincing herself  and others of her femininity?

She? was merrily whistling, oggling and generously blowing flying kisses at all the random men she saw,
Very overtly and comfortable asserting her sexuality...
At which point, I noticed again a contrast...I would never ever ever do that, I wouldn't be able to...In fact I would shun at the very thought of it...
I was the one conditioned, she wasn't!

Perhaps conditioning is what others (read society) do to you, without your knowledge...

Also got me on to pondering about what were her desires? Why doesn't she feel complete, is it a social cause or a biological need?

1 comment:

Rehab said...

Love the theory. Especially the fact where we assume that our conditioning is right and another person's is wrong. For example the rural-urban debate. We all agree that buildings and concrete are signs of progress versus mud huts and trees.