Sunday, August 21, 2011

Small pleasures of life

When my Yoga teacher is switching off the lights when we are in the middle of some strenuous exercise, and quietly I am happy, we are going to proceed to Shavasan.

When I get to sleep for a few more minutes.

When my boss tells me my presentation was good.

When I come up with a nice idea.

When an irresistible book is awaiting me at home. I look forward to going home all through office.

When I look pretty, when I check myself out in the mirror. When for once I have gotten my dressing right.

When I cry through a movie. I just feel strangely relieved. Like I did the right thing by crying.

When I stand up to a bully and learn or trick or two.

When I meet an interesting person, or listen to an interesting perspective. Sometimes you get an egg, and sometimes you find a goose. Both are a pleasure.

When I wake up in the morning, and realise that it was just a dream. Or a nightmare.

When I realise its been a year of completion. With a job or a relationship or an activity. Staying a year with anything is quite something with my levels of impatience.

This list will continue. When I note down the little things that make me happy, I feel its not all a waste, its not a big battle I am fighting, the beast of existential angst is just more tameable.


2 comments:

Vinod said...

Maybe I should pickup a tip or 2 from this

Rehab said...

When I find a new tune..

When I discover a new video online and can't wait to share it with you girls!