Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dedicated to my grand father - Letting go

I mourn at the sea, walking along the sandy shore
Very cautious to not let any sand seep into my shoes
It seeps in anyway
I tell myself, 'Let go'

This funny feeling gnaws at me all day
I fight it, press the mute button
But it persists, this dirge in the background

Eyes brim with hot tears
At times most unexpected
Trigger unknown - a scene from a movie, a casual nokjhok

I wonder how little I know about myself
I see through my bravery holding its own
Like a rebel without a cause
I see through my failed attempts
At being cool with it, being fine

But I don't blame myself
I don't know what to do
I don't know what else to do
Grieving is so personal
No one can teach, no one can judge
No rights and wrongs, to no one it belongs

It flows
Let go
It feels good

Like some good discomfort, when you are just beginning to heal
And you know the medicine is working
A thorn is out, a bird is free
Let go, let go every time you have a chance to
Its a rare chance easy to miss
Because whenever it knocks, there's always just so much else going on




No comments: