He held me tight, close to his heart
A place where I could hear his heart beating
Sound of a heart beat, innocent and serene
Like a child's, even for the most grown up men, the worst of the lot
Once you hear it, there is nothing much you can do but believe
I can't inspire you, he said
Even if I want to
Even if I become everything you secretly want me to
You have to find it yourself
Within you
Keep digging
Die trying
Until your last breath, your last sigh
Till you find the last drop of water
I looked deep into my soul
Ran and ran to reach the end of the tunnel
Found nothing else there, only blinding white light
Soothing, calm and profound
A place where I could hear his heart beating
Sound of a heart beat, innocent and serene
Like a child's, even for the most grown up men, the worst of the lot
Once you hear it, there is nothing much you can do but believe
I can't inspire you, he said
Even if I want to
Even if I become everything you secretly want me to
You have to find it yourself
Within you
Keep digging
Die trying
Until your last breath, your last sigh
Till you find the last drop of water
I looked deep into my soul
Ran and ran to reach the end of the tunnel
Found nothing else there, only blinding white light
Soothing, calm and profound
No comments:
Post a Comment